Arizona in September?

Jaeger

Hi, does anyone know off hand what is available in  Arizona in September, I will be out there for my goddaughters wedding.

Anyone have a lead or know a reputable outfitter out there I can contact to see what's available?

Hi, does anyone know off hand what is available in Arizona in September, I will be out there for my goddaughters wedding.

Anyone have a lead or know a reputable outfitter out there I can contact to see what's available?

Definitely check their website. You may have missed applying, but maybe not. If you want to hunt mt lion or black bear, check out killerlionhunts.com Wade is a cool guy, and great guide.

• Like 1

Jaeger,

Good opportunity to scout if nothing else. If you have desire to hunt Arizona in the future I would research the in's and out's of their point/draw system and start planning ahead. Look at what it is exactly you want to do (Elk, Deer etc.), figure out what zone/s are attainable for the hunt you desire. If it's a DIY style hunt, you must do all the homework. If your looking for a future hunt with an outfitter, you should contact them and inquire the process to secure the best hunt for yourself.

Our group hunts Colorado DIY style. It's taken many years of hunting and research to narrow down specific quality hunts based on their point system. A good example of this is: We found a zone which is "attainable" for our group (based on our ages and number of points we have) for future Elk and Mule Deer hunts in a better than average zone. But, instead of just diving in on these hunts, we use other hunts to scout/hunt. This year my father in-law and his friend are bear hunting (Sep) in the zone we targeted for Elk and Mule deer. Meanwhile, my brother in-law and I will be bow hunting Elk (same time) in the neighboring zone. All of us will be scouting the targeted zone for Elk and Mule deer while involved in the other hunts. Like I said it's a process and one which doesn't guarantee success but certainly ups the odds.