Kayak Fishing Lake Erie

IAatHeart

I just got myself a kayak last week and have taken it out a few times in the small boat harbor. I'm wanting to get out for some walleye now that the season is open. Just wanting to get some advice on places to try that I can fish safely from a kayak on the lake.

Lake erie is a dangerous lake, I would stay in the harbors unless you bought a sea kayak. . One guy fishing in a canoe was blown across the lake to canada and it took him 3 months to walk back to silver creek to find his belonging s sold as he was assumed dead.. granted it was 18 40s but storms on the lake can be deadly..

• Like 5

When fishing at Hoaks do you just park at the restaurant or is there a public parking area? I've heard of fishing that area but have only lived in this area for a year now and never made it out there last year.

Looks like you should have no problems parking closer to the clock tower in the combined restaurant/observation area parking lot. Probably hard to find a spot on a Fri or Sat night due to restaurant traffic. I will take a closer look today on my way home from work but it looks to me as you can just unload your kayak near the clock tower and walk down a short path to the right of the tower and drop right in.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk