plumbing question

jjb4900

ok, I'm trying to figure out if i can reroute the drain line in my upstairs bathroom. I attached a drawing showing how I want to run the line and the layout of the fixtures....my question is where should I tie in the drain for the sink and tub in relation to where the toilet enters the line. Right now it's reversed in the room and everything kind of ties in directly under the toilet and drains straight down, so right now it runs right to left in the bathroom, but I would like to have it drain left to right......hopefully that made sense to anyone who can help.post-2073-0-42900900-1468153115_thumb.jp

don't know why that came out sideways, if you flip it to the right hopefully you can get an idea of what I'm trying to do.

Edited by jjb4900

Should be tied in within 4 or 5ft of the crapper on the horizontal run to vent it propperly.

Unless of course you left a separate vent stack out of that drawing.

I've always been a fan of the "side outlet 90" on the closet flange to let the other fixtures give the entire line a "flush" when the crapper is not in use.

Should be tied in within 4 or 5ft of the crapper on the horizontal run to vent it propperly.

Unless of course you left a separate vent stack out of that drawing.

I've always been a fan of the "side outlet 90" on the closet flange to let the other fixtures give the entire line a "flush" when the crapper is not in use.

the bathroom is only a 5' run, the only vent in the house is a single stack that runs up from the basement out of the main house trap.............have no idea if that's right, but been working for 50 years or so. My main concern is what you said, the way I was hoping to set it up was the sink and tub enter the drain after the toilet and not before. The way it is now they all  tie into the same 3" elbow under the toilet with a 2" adapter on the side where the sink and tub enter.

post-2073-0-76564500-1468155111_thumb.jp

sideways again..........

Edited by jjb4900

If I'm looking at that pic correctly (it doesn't really show enough), it appears everything is in the 1'st floor wall in which case you don't have too many options that I can think of other than what's shown.... unless you were to build a soffit.

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong though and need another cup of coffee.

you got it right, I want to eliminate that soffit and and move it to the opposite wall where it can be hidden behind a shower stall and not just sticking out into the room, but my concern was that would have the toilet on the totally opposite side of how the sink and and tub enter it now....unless I just recreate what is currently in existence......which honestly didn't look like the best option to me, but maybe it is?

post-2073-0-21981400-1468156909_thumb.jp

hopefully this is a better picture of how it currently runs, tub is to the right out of the picture and sink is about midway on the 2" line......that all runs into the elbow right under the toilet and it all drains pretty much straight down. I really would like to move it all to the right side of the room to hide it behind the shower stall, there is enough room in the rafters to give the toilet pipe enough pitch to still be hidden in the ceiling, or worse case I would drop the ceiling a few inches to gain what I need.

Edited by jjb4900

Now I think I get what you're trying to do here.

post-233-0-77575300-1468159564_thumb.jpg

Just go with a 3x2 side outlet 90 right off the closet flange and spin it 180 degrees..

Cut that 2" drain line just after the sink and dump it right into the side of your 3x2 on the flange.

Run it (3") to the opposite wall and drop it in the basement where you'll be left with a whole 'nuther puzzle to solve,lol