Hello, I'm vipertech and I have DATHS

vipertech

Deer And Turkey Hunting Syndrome.  I'm hoping y'all can help!    ;D

Wife, two boys (17 and 12), dog, cat, rabbit!  I hunt family property in the 8F WMU near North Rose.  I also hunt around Macedon.  Uncle has a place up in the Constableville area adjacent to a lot of state land.  Haven't been up there yet however. 

Just introduced my youngest to turkey hunting this past spring.  I think he had a good time even though we didn't get a bird. 

Neighbors of yours (the Mays ) have been complaining about the deer eating up the garden but still won't let anyone hunt the property .

I know the May's very well.  They are surrounded by some pretty good land.  Unfortunately I don't believe anyone is allowed to hunt in that area.  One of the owners of a large piece of that land had one of their prize Great Dane's shot by mistake.  That was quite a long time ago but they still keep out all hunters.

Welcome, there was a place near Williamson called the Appletown Gun Shop. Bought my 700 there, is it still open?

Nope.  The owner died a few years ago.  The entire inventory was purchased by a gun shop out near Sodus.  I bought a few guns and a lot of ammo from Appletown over the years.  Was sad to see the old man go.  I've thought about buying the place many times. 

Welcome!  You suffer from a chronic mental illness that is incurable.  You will have to live with it until the day you die.

Side effects are nice though.  Excitement, euphoria, adrenaline, peace and happiness.  Not a bad mental problem if you have to have one.

;D

Neighbors of yours (the Mays ) have been complaining about the deer eating up the garden but still won't let anyone hunt the property .

I know the May's very well.  They are surrounded by some pretty good land.  Unfortunately I don't believe anyone is allowed to hunt in that area.  One of the owners of a large piece of that land had one of their prize Great Dane's shot by mistake.  That was quite a long time ago but they still keep out all hunters.

Welcome, there was a place near Williamson called the Appletown Gun Shop. Bought my 700 there, is it still open?

Nope.  The owner died a few years ago.  The entire inventory was purchased by a gun shop out near Sodus.  I bought a few guns and a lot of ammo from Appletown over the years.  Was sad to see the old man go.  I've thought about buying the place many times. 

We have breakfast with the Mays almost every Sunday after Mass . Carol doesn't want anyone hunting their property but she was thinking about it when the deer got her veggies . She did ask me to shoot a woodchuck for her once . Jim asked me a couple times if I wanted to set up a trail cam and I told him no sense in teasing myself . We cross sountry ski & Snowshoe through the orchards sometimes .

The guy who owned the great dane that was shot , puts an ad in the local Penny Savers every hunting season for at least the past ten years .

Yeah , once the owner of Appletown Gun Shop died , it went downhill . They had a nice little shop . There aren't all that many gunsmiths around any more . Dave Dentico at the Custom Gun Shop in Walworth is always busy and finally got someone to watch the shop while he works on guns .