Ground Blind or Climber

DirtyNailz

Hi Guys im a bit torn, Sat is going to be wet in the afternoon. I have a ground blind coming (not sure where i will put it) and an umbrella for my tree stand (climber).

Should i just try to pick a spot and popup the ground blind sat or just Go with my climber?

I have multiple trees picked out for climbing so thats where im leaning.

Iv been hearing and reading that this is going to be good weather for movement.

Also whos going to take a Doe opening day? I'm a bit torn there as well.

Considering last years season (i only got one) i think i want meat in the freezer so i will take a Doe opening day....

BUT iv seen a few nice bucks should i hold off on the does for the first few days and try to get a Buck still in a feeding pattern?

Was thinking about some light rattling as well? good bad? 

Edited by DirtyNailz

I have a reg tax, bow either-sex tag, and two DMP. Any deer (not fawn) that walks within range is getting drawn on. I have two spots I'm planning on using this year. One would work fine for a ground blind (assuming the deer don't see it and freak, which they would if I set it up now potentially), the other is junk. Growth is too high, I would have no opportunity to shoot unless I could get up above the ground.

I think setting up a blind now is just going to freak the deer right out.

You would be better of in the stand,imo. I am also looking to put a doe on the freezer as soon as possible,so if I get a good shot at one,that's it. I will be out on the a.m. and again in the afternoon,because I can't help myself.

• Like 1