Accessing DEP land

left field

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Look it up. It's a PDF so I just copy and pasted into my previous post. 500' law that's all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saying never seen anyone using  a gun in westchester not in dep land or even private  . I wish you could believe me but I wouldn't chance it . All the signs on dep in westchester   show bow only if you go look. 

But Im sure if you have lots of property and cool Neighbors it's not a problem. 

It's one of those things if your neighbors don't care then it don't matter I remember shooting   with airguns   when I  was a kid  here in westchester but your talking about 40 years ago in the 70s  there was  much more woods around and people did not freek out around guns like they do now in this area .  All you néed is one prick neighbor to screw you .

I just go to putnam when I want to go gun hunting. .

So my answer to  you still is no not realistically unless you have private property and no prick neighbors to complain about noise . 

Just saying never seen anyone using  a gun in westchester not in dep land or even private  . I wish you could believe me but I wouldn't chance it . All the signs on dep in westchester   show bow only if you go look. 
But Im sure if you have lots of property and cool Neighbors it's not a problem. 
It's one of those things if your neighbors don't care then it don't matter I remember shooting   with airguns   when I  was a kid  here in westchester but your talking about 40 years ago in the 70s  there was  much more woods around and people did not freek out around guns like they do now in this area .  All you néed is one prick neighbor to screw you .
I just go to putnam when I want to go gun hunting. .
So my answer to  you still is no not realistically unless you have private property and no prick neighbors to complain about noise . 

Speaking of air guns, it's also legal in Westchester, I'll wait for you to start going off on how that's illegal also.

Seems like the only prick is you, for steering hunters away from legally hunting with a firearm in Westchester.

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I just showed you that you can legally hunt in Yorktown Heights with a gun. Again, I don't hunt in Westchester so it doesn't matter to me. No point in going back and forth. Call an ECO if you want the real answer.

Nobody is  going to say anything about  airguns at least I don't think .

Edited by LJC

9 minutes ago, shawnhu said:

Because it's legal, or because you think it doesn't bother the neighbors?

Because it don't bother the Neighbors. Airguns are not that loud 

Look if you really want to be safe get the DEP  to put something in writing that says exactly what you can and can't use .in westchester. 

I just go by the signs that I see at the places I go at if the sign dont show or say gun on it I don't  us a gun .  It's just common sense . 

Because it don't bother the Neighbors. Airguns are not that loud 
Look if you really want to be safe get the DEP  to put something in writing that says exactly what you can and can't use .in westchester. 
I just go by the signs that I see at the places I go at if the sign dont show or say gun on it I don't  us a gun .  It's just common sense . 

So if it's illegal, but the neighbors are ok with it, I should be good?

Just want to be clear on what you're saying, because you go back and forth and contradict yourself.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, shawnhu said:

So if it's illegal, but the neighbors are ok with it, I should be good?

Just want to be clear on what you're saying, because you go back and forth and contradict yourself.

I told you I just go by the signs at the places I hunt at if it says gun then that goes for airguns .

If it says bow only then that means no airguns as well 

Airguns in your back yard don't  no exactly just that if your neighbors don't mind then the town your in will not care .

Edited by LJC

I told you I just go buy the signs at the places I hunt at if it says gun then that goes for airguns .
If it says bow only they that means no airguns as well 
Airguns in your back yard don't  no exactly just that if your neighbors don't mind then the town your in will not care .

So, basically, you don't care about the law. Only what the neighbors think, and what some signs say.

If I went and moved a sign tomorrow, maybe you will hunt deer with a rifle if the sign says so?

5 minutes ago, shawnhu said:

So, basically, you don't care about the law. Only what the neighbors think, and what some signs say.

If I went and moved a sign tomorrow, maybe you will hunt deer with a rifle if the sign says so?

The sign says what is  legal in that area.

Just like a no parking sign a stop sign 

The signs  state the  regulations  for that area. Every public land has its own regulations posted  on a sign . Lots of public lands  are bow only even tho that specific county allows  rifle  hunting . 

For example sterling forest only allows bow hunting in parts of the park . 

16 minutes ago, shawnhu said:

My advice to you is go check out the public land  you want to hunt first get all the info at that location before you go hunting you have to physically go there to find out for sure in a lot of these places . 

The sign says what is  legal in that area.
Just like a no parking sign a stop sign 
The signs  state the  regulations  for that area. Every public land has its own regulations posted  on a sign . Lots of public lands  are bow only even tho that specific county allows  rifle  hunting . 
For example sterling forest only allows bow hunting in parts of the park . 

So the bow areas all have signs surrounding the property?

My advice to you is go check out the public land  you want to hunt first get all the info at that location before you go hunting you have to physically go there to find out for sure in a lot of these places . 

Oh, I don't need your advice, it's already determined that it's worth less than the bytes it's taking up in cyber space.

What I want to know is how much someone like yourself knows about regulations being the expert that you are living in Westchester for 40 years.

11 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

Why doesn't someone just call the dep today and report back to us. 

Good idea someone post here I only no I never seen a sign for it they all just show bow . In westchester in putnam for example the sign show both gun and bow so i go there to gun hunt besides that I never seen anyone gun hunting on dep lands in westchester so I assume you can't 

1 hour ago, shawnhu said:

I already have all the correspondence I need from DEP. All on record. Just seeing how far this clown will go with his BS.

And what did they tell you about dep in westchester. 

1 hour ago, shawnhu said:

I already have all the correspondence I need from DEP. All on record. Just seeing how far this clown will go with his BS.

That's at the place you supposedly say you can hunt with a gun at in westchester  do you see a symbol for a gun on that sign  because I don't   did you read the part on the bottom it says  entry for other purposes prohibited.

Seriously do you even have a hunting license I'm wondering? 

20161007_102335.jpg