Do you notice less hunters now then 10, 20 yeaes ago?

LJC

In general I see more hunters now than 20 years ago.

Now take it with a grain of salt,  20 years ago I was on family property - it would be myself, my dad, sometimes my uncle, or one of my dad's cousins, or a couple close family friends.  That farm has been sold off, and now I am on public land and have move to NY.

Back then would see 10-15 trucks at deer check-in stations with a couple hunters each and at least 1 deer in each one.

About 2 weeks ago, there were more spots open than usual at Stewart for Turkey/Pheasant hunting.  I was surprised at that. Seemed like less people also around Indian Hill area for the turkey opener and very few trucks around in the bow-only areas for deer hunting.

There were a couple times last year at Pochuck Mt. that I was the only one, or one of two in the 2d half of deer season.  The opener was crazy - cars/trucks were out the parking area and along the road.

With prices going up (ammo, gear, gas), it may also be causing less to go out to hunt, or to reduce the number of days to go out to hunt.  Could be some hunters are now working 2-3 part-time jobs having lost a full-time job.

We lost a hunter in the family to go away to college, thought had another, but they are not getting up in the morning to go out...