Buck fight

Buckstopshere

A couple bucks got into it at the zip-tied licking branch. I like the way the buck on the left in the first photo is obviously so pissed off at the other buck. Can see the look and posture. In the second photo, his hair is standing on end, and kind of ripply...like they do. These bucks tore it up for a while for about 14 minutes, from 3:42 to 3:56 pm. Then, two bigger bucks came in to the licking branch, one at 5:46 pm and the other at 8:28 pm. A lot of buck pheromones floating around that tree.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

• Like 7

2 hours ago, ny hunter said:

Very cool what did you put on the branch to cause all the action?

Nothing. I just took a licking branch from a scrape a few miles away and transported it to that scrape and zip-tied it to the existing overhanging branch. Actually, the scrape did not exist at all there a couple years ago, but I put a large branch and zip-tied it to the tree. Then, put smaller licking branches on it. I have a tree stand 30 yards away. Not surprising, I've seen a lot of deer parade past so far this season. Some of my sites have a few old zip-ties on them after the licking branches rot and fall off. The bucks and does keep enhancing the branch with their saliva and pre-orbital scent, truly the gift that keeps giving. The only way to wreck it is put too much human scent around. I've tried over the years to enhance the sites with deer urine, but it does not seem to help and sometimes I see a drop-off in activity. But that is hard to quantify. Just my belief. So I don't use anything - other than another licking branch.

Edited by Buckstopshere