Giving Back

5.9cummins

Well even though my hunting budget has been slashed and slashed again lately I am going to cut it yet again. I think I am going to take half of it from this point on and start giving it back to some organizations that do good - i.e. NRA, NSSF, US Sportsman's Alliance, DU, NWTF etc. etc.

I used to be more active but for what ever reason i have drifted away, I think I can attribute it to an increase in family obligations. But the more I think about my family the more I want to protect what I love so my kids are able to enjoy it.

Here's to not getting some goose decoys for next year.  ;)

I am also seriously thinking of becoming a Hunter Ed instructor.

I do not contribute money, but I am a hunter safety instructor.  My crew does 3 or 4 classes a year, with 25 to 30 per class, and I have been doing it for over 25 years.  I also participate in a youth pheasant hunt every fall.  The local bird dog club comes with dogs, and the state supplies birds.  I do a safety seminar and cook burgers and hotdogs after.  I feel investing my time in the youth and future hunters is better than my money that who knows where it goes.  Strength in numbers, and I feel increasing the numbers helps.