Should I be concerned

YFKI1983

I can't even believe I am writing this but is it possible to have too many bucks?

Every year I see doe. Usually a group of 3 and a couple of lone ones. Mixed in with some bucks. And I usually take one of them either with bow or gun.

2 years ago I did a brassica/clover plot and had a lot more deer on camera than usual. Does and buck. Last year I did not redo the plot and the pics and deer sighting dipped again.

This year I redid the plot. I had a lot of deer on camera from labor day to Columbus day, good mix of bucks and doe. Maybe 9 or 10 different bucks (4 of them 6 pt or better, 2 of them big boys)and same amount of does (don't know if they are the same ones that keep coming around or different ones).

From Columbus day until this friday there was not 1 doe on cam. About 5 more bucks. 3 new ones but 0 doe. I hunted the last 3 days and saw 3 different 4 pointers that came in to scent that i put. No does. My cousin who hunted with me didn't see any either.

I don't know if this is good, bad, or indifferent. I've seen a buck every day I've hunted, none legal to shoot because why would I get lucky but still a buck every day. And I'm concerned lol. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

This time of year, doe do everything they can to avoid the harassment of bucks, especially young ones.  The does probably moved out, which MIGHT be a problem since the boys are desperately seeking girls.  A girl walks into a bar and is immediately swarmed by multiple suitors....day after day after day.  Eventually the girls leave or figure out how to avoid them, they boys will eventually leave in search of but if you've created a bedding area for the bucks, they'll be back every night.  So you could have a good problem on your hands if you are a horn hunter...assuming the bucks all continue to "get along," you have a good population of ladies not far off, and you and your neighbors relax the trigger fingers this year and set an antler restriction.  A "brown and down" mentality change things completely next year.

• Like 1

This time of year, doe do everything they can to avoid the harassment of bucks, especially young ones.  The does probably moved out, which MIGHT be a problem since the boys are desperately seeking girls.  A girl walks into a bar and is immediately swarmed by multiple suitors....day after day after day.  Eventually the girls leave or figure out how to avoid them, they boys will eventually leave in search of but if you've created a bedding area for the bucks, they'll be back every night.  So you could have a good problem on your hands if you are a horn hunter...assuming the bucks all continue to "get along," you have a good population of ladies not far off, and you and your neighbors relax the trigger fingers this year and set an antler restriction.  A "brown and down" mentality change things completely next year.

Well there is antler restrictions in my zone but I get what you're saying. Wish I had better relationship with the neighbors.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk