Busted up bucks

Jmp209

Me and a buddy were standing around talking after hunting today and the conversation turned to bucks we've taken with broken tines and main beams. One of them was a quite heavy based buck that had both antlers snapped off at less than 3" long. I can't imagine how much force it would take to just break off an antler like that but it does seem fairly common. Anyways I mentioned that I couldn't believe they never fracture their skulls or bust the skull plate by taking such a beating. He said years ago he watched a hunting show where a guy had shot a buck that looked like it had close to a 30" spread which turned out to be a buck with a fractured skull that allowed the antlers to flop around. I've never heard of it seen such a thing have any of you guys or girls?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wow that really is too bad...nice buck!

Yea I would much rather have taken him while hunting. It's nice knowing there's bucks like that running around near where I hunt but I hate to see them get hit like that.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, growalot said:

Sorry Duke...but that made me laugh out loud....Just that pause after the tarsal gland comment...seriously, literally pictured your face in my mind.....hahahaha

Stuff happens...

Well...that part was real. I got caught up in fooling with the music, and effects of the movie.

• Like 1