New Jersey Bow Licence for NYC Residents

Brooklynbow

Is there anyone out there who gets their NJ bow hunting license but lives in the NYC area? I hunted Stewart this year which can be a pain if you scout a spot but it is taken by another hunter. The private land laws in NJ seems more laid back. In summary, if the land is not posted you can hunt it. I would rather drive 90 mins to NJ and have my own area than drive to Stewart and fight for my spot.

It looks like all the info you need can be found here:

http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/nonrslicform.htm

14 minutes ago, Brooklynbow said:

The private land laws in NJ seems more laid back. In summary, if the land is not posted you can hunt it. 

That doesn't sound right (especially for any populous state in the northeast). Based on a document on a NJ State website: 

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/pdf/hunted/chapter_1.pdf

"Do not trespass. It is against the law to enter private property without permission, even if the property is not posted or fenced. All land in New Jersey is owned by someone." "Always secure permission before hunting on private land."

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Brooklynbow said:

Is there anyone out there who gets their NJ bow hunting license but lives in the NYC area? I hunted Stewart this year which can be a pain if you scout a spot but it is taken by another hunter. The private land laws in NJ seems more laid back. In summary, if the land is not posted you can hunt it. I would rather drive 90 mins to NJ and have my own area than drive to Stewart and fight for my spot.

I dont think you can randomly hunt private property just because its not posted, that definitely isnt accurate. 

• Like 1

Well I know what you mean I live a mile away from Stewart and have to compete with hunters from the city for spots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk