Too Old Now but enjoyed when I could. Miss it!!

scscout

For about 20 something years I would always travel to NY and turkey hunt the hills around Canasteo and Jasper. I have buddies that have camps right outside of Canasteo and on the South Side of Jasper. I love that country but have gotten too old to climb those hills. They would come to SC and spend a week in April and I would spend a week with them at their camp. Camp outside of Canasteo was round and bordered some state land of both sides. The camp on the other side of Jasper was on the left behind a nice big pond and next to a rifle range. Log Cabin and nice. Sure do miss those days with good friends..........We had a limit of five and one Friend killed his 1st bird in the SC Low Country and one killed 5 mature gobblers in his one week visit.  What a time we had!!!!!

Edited by scscout
Adding Pic
  • Like 2

As I get older, the hills seem a bit steeper each year. Welcome scscout! Nice to have you join us. If you'd like, go to the introductions and tell us a little about yourself. I lived in Summerville SC for a few years, many moons ago. Still have family and friends down there! Had some really good hunting and fishing, adventures down there!

• Like 1