Live From The Woods 2023-2024 Edition

landtracdeerhunter

A great morning under cloudy skies with a temp of 60 degrees.  A ton of movement. Deer, fox, coyote, turkey, rabbit, squirrel, and a rooster pheasant. First one in three years. He crowed in the distance.  All antlerless deer with smaller fawns. 

Doing some reading, I see where our area are in antler restrictions now. When did that sneak in?  Makes not difference to us as we have always practice that. I personally don't see the need for a law on it though. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

A great morning under cloudy skies with a temp of 60 degrees.  A ton of movement. Deer, fox, coyote, turkey, rabbit, squirrel, and a rooster pheasant. First one in three years. He crowed in the distance.  All antlerless deer with smaller fawns. 

Doing some reading, I see where our area are in antler restrictions now. When did that sneak in?  Makes not difference to us as we have always practice that. I personally don't see the need for a law on it though. 

You’re Niagara County?  I don’t see any restrictions.    Maybe I missed it……

19 hours ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

For me that is what I love about hunting, even if no game is taken it was a good day.

Al

• Like 3

2 hours ago, airedale said:

For me that is what I love about hunting, even if no game is taken it was a good day.

Al

It was very strange deer hunting in September. It was like, " should I be out here with a weapon right now?" I had to pinch myself to see if it was real. This can't be the New York I know.

I can see why some choose not to hunt this early season.  Great to be in a free society to be able to choose.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WWJD_Hunter said:

New Hunter score on this doe. It was perfect doe without fawns . He was supper excited. Doe was taking in 8N .  Giving God at the glory. 

P1010814.jpeg

I’m definitely thanking Him for this “fatted calf” that He blessed my wife and I with last night:

B1922FBE-1494-4A74-82F8-4F5A79A3D1A8.thumb.jpeg.c470ba1ac688017dfd8b1b92d4723a20.jpeg

I can’t wait for a fillet mignonette sub for dinner tonight, and I’m really looking forward to the liver.

02AB4885-65A4-4406-B552-EAE85197B53C.thumb.jpeg.09b5e7576ab317e359590f550f2fc846.jpeg

• Like 7