trout fishing

tommyc50

hi everybody i went to greene county to do a little fly fishing forgetaboutit the rivers were running to fast from all the rain and snow melt it was good to get on the water a little and cast some though. i want to ask if any one would have an idea when they would stock the streams. i fish catskill creek and ten mile creek in oak hill i looked on the dec web site and it was very vague it didnt even show that they stock the streams in oak hill but the locals told me the dec  do stock them but didnt do it yet thank you i want to take my grand son up in a few weeks and would like to know when they stock the streams

I've fished the Catskill Creek in Preston Hollow, and as I remember, it's usually stocked between April 15th and May 1st. Good pool just south of the store by the bridge is one of the stocking points. Hope you and your grandson have a great trip! North of the store behind the church is a real nice stretch. Good luck!

Edited by grampy