Interesting Range Recovery

No issue with me.....although I expect a fair number of folks won't get it.
I'm after an Elephant hunt. Its #1 on my bucket list.
Thats the reason for interest in solid bullets that don't expand; penetration is the name of the game.
Happen to get info in the past week on both a discounted left over management quota and a cancellation hunt. I had planned to tweek a rifle this summer and book something for next year; but I may be able to catch a very good price for a hunt this October in one of the premier concessions with a top outfitter. Waiting to hear on possible dates and availability; often return clients get first dibs on these and just need to see if we can shake something out.

Wow, pretty awesome. Good luck. Can you bring any parts back? I know they have often changing import rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Wow, pretty awesome. Good luck. Can you bring any parts back? I know they have often changing import rules.

This hunt will be just about the experience, and I cannot bring anything back.  Thats a concept I'm becoming more comfortable with as I have done a fair amount of management hunting now and not brought anything back from those parts of hunts.  With the type of management hunt being looked at this time the meat will be consumed locally. 

• Like 1

This hunt will be just about the experience, and I cannot bring anything back.  Thats a concept I'm becoming more comfortable with as I have done a fair amount of management hunting now and not brought anything back from those parts of hunts.  With the type of management hunt being looked at this time the meat will be consumed locally. 

Take a lot of pics! Just curious can elephant be exported to other countries outside of USA?

4 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Take a lot of pics! Just curious can elephant be exported to other countries outside of USA?

Short answer;

USA imports can be done from South Africa and Namibia. Due to this the prices have increased multifold in the recent past. USF&W accepts those countries management plans. Other countries just follow the CITIES listings and can import (Canada being one) Our gov't has deemed themselves above CITIES and makes their own rules.

However that has made this hunt financially available to me as overall demand in Zimbabwe has dropped due to non import rules. 

Down side overall is Zimbabwe gov't is trying to make up the shortfall of lower trophy fee incomes by increasing prices. Like adding taxes to hunts.

I feel now is the best time to take advantage of several circumstances before these hunts get cancelled all together or beyond my price range if import rules change with new Trump appointees allow importing again and hunts go back to former pricing.

Short answer;
USA imports can be done from South Africa and Namibia. Due to this the prices have increased multifold in the recent past. USF&W accepts those countries management plans. Other countries just follow the CITIES listings and can import (Canada being one) Our gov't has deemed themselves above CITIES and makes their own rules.
However that has made this hunt financially available to me as overall demand in Zimbabwe has dropped due to non import rules. 
Down side overall is Zimbabwe gov't is trying to make up the shortfall of lower trophy fee incomes by increasing prices. Like adding taxes to hunts.
I feel now is the best time to take advantage of several circumstances before these hunts get cancelled all together or beyond my price range if import rules change with new Trump appointees allow importing again and hunts go back to former pricing.

Interesting...