button doe

growalot

Some years ago I talked about a racked doe we had here only reason I caught it was she raised fawn, a nice basket with velvet...I don't know if she ever lost the velvet on them... 6pt.. Well I'm always on the look out for another and I've watched this doe for a couple of years when I noticed 2 dark spots on her forehead... This is caused by hormone imbalances ,yet like the 6pt this one has fawn, twins.  This year her dark spots are  now tiny buttons I have many pics of her because she LOVES the mulberry tree and the cam is on one of the trees...I wonder as she gets older if these buttons will grow( if imbalance worsens) and if she is one of the 6pts off spring...

07120091.JPG

07130137.JPG

What about antlered does. Yes, does can have antlers. If you took a normal doe and treated her with testosterone, she would grow antlers. Hunters typically encounter two types of antlered “does”; those with hard antlers and those in velvet. Does with velvet covered antlers usually have normal female reproductive tracts and can bear fawns. Does with hardened antlers are almost always male pseudohermophrodites. These animals have female external genitalia, but have male organs (testicles) internally.

What ever...I know what I observe on my place...and this doe is not 5,6,7,8 yrs old...but flame and troll away ...perhaps yours are from all those salted farm micro nutrients you plant...:rolleyes:

Yeah Ok. If you think those bones have anything to do with an imbalance or are any sign of antler you are out of your Mullberry Tree!  Nobody disputed what you saw as its right there for all to see!  It's just obvious you have no clue what you are looking at. You try and tell us that's a young doe and you will need more than your Kindle to blame!  WOW!!!!!

this doe is not 5,6,7,8 yrs old..

That is what I said ..^^

Now you offered up proof of what you said so lets see it and the science biology behind it...Ya know it's only fair "proof or it didn't happen"  put up some links show the skulls of older doe...I'm always willing to learn...though as I said we have had a racked doe here, I watched her raise fawn.

5 hours ago, growalot said:

That is what I said ..^^

Now you offered up proof of what you said so lets see it and the science biology behind it...Ya know it's only fair "proof or it didn't happen"  put up some links show the skulls of older doe...I'm always willing to learn...though as I said we have had a racked doe here, I watched her raise fawn.

Dont need links......Its called real life. An antlered female will show antler off the skull. Not the sharp bone that many females have and show more with age. We have piles of antlered females in our industry that raise their fawns every year.

43 minutes ago, growalot said:

No links,no biology , no piles of pics, just your real life...Funny how your real life always trumps everyone elses...OK.....

Well seeing as though she is a pet around that tree how about you keep us updated showing her buttons getting bigger seeing as it is an imbalance and it is growing season.  I would bet we dont see any growth from the bone. We will wait.

3 minutes ago, growalot said:

You really are a twit aren't you...try readig the original lost and move on.

On

Yeah twit that calls you clueless. You even said..I wonder if these will grow with age...Well they wont grow because there is no imbalance and it only shows because of age.  Watch and learn....Oh and by all means...Keep on showing us her growth...You know..As her imbalance gets worse!  Its obvious you are grasping at straws with some kind of imbalance talk when its nothing but an age thing.  Keep those pics a comin....

Yes and you keep talking about all the doe you can show then not post any...no science links,no skull evidence..I'm sure there should be no proble m posting a slew of things from these 5-8 yr olds...BTW, all I said was " I wonder if they would grow ", you turned it into some personal axe to grind ...ya pet deer because it likes mulberries...who's clueless Mr High fence...lol

Edited by growalot

2 hours ago, growalot said:

Yes and you keep talking about all the doe you can show then not post any...no science links,no skull evidence..I'm sure there should be no proble m posting a slew of things from these 5-8 yr olds...BTW, all I said was " I wonder if they would grow ", you turned it into some personal axe to grind ...ya pet deer because it likes mulberries...who's clueless Mr High fence...lol

Bull. You threw that doe in there with spew of antlers and buttons and imbalance! Fact is just what I told you. Feel many a doe's head and you will feel those bumps You want to come see about a dozen of those feel free.  But better yet. Prove me wrong with more pics of your pet doe under your tree as she grows those bones? Again you show how you spew off stuff on here that is far from fact. 

Edited by Four Season Whitetails

Ive gotten a few pics over the years of good size does with what looks like tiny pointy buttons on their heads like they were a button buck. Never thought much about it. Dont feel like digging through pics right now but ive seen it several times. 

• Like 3