Something different..

Just looking for some opinions here for a good Fall Food Plot MIX besides the typical fall plots like brassicas that most everyone does(Like my neighbors).. Trying to help my wife connect during early bow season, shes usually one and done and a warmer weather hunter lol. I already have 3 other plots with different brassica blends in each. This is a 1/2 acre spot or so I hope I can get seeded by mid August. And was thinking of planting some Winter Peas with Forage oats, WW or Triticale as well, maybe an annual clover along with ground hog radish or something idk. Again mid August is the time frame to plant this. Just looking to see what people have that works well for them(other than brassicas).. They cereal rye didn't work so hot last year..  I like to offer something my neighbors typically dont..  Thanks !

This food plotting stuff is getting to be an addiction it seems... 

• Like 1

The difference will be these beans will be young and tender for the early season.  Where as the others you planted some time ago ,I assume...Not looking for pods just added attraction and deer love picking and choosing around plots...keeps them in an area longer... Liken it to a flea market...you go with something specific in mind...but with so many things to seea nd pick up to look at, your there way longer them planned :girlwink:

• Like 1

you could go with the  Hancock cowpeas  they sell small bags for a fair price no shipping...of course that said shipping is built into the price...they are a small seeded bean and do need a special inoculate..or the have small bags of Lab Lab.

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

Well I'm not sure in the lablab...the cowpeas they said yes but the dense cover of the hemp kept them green a good amount of time and the frost did hammer that hemp. Though you have to figure when you usually get those frosts...we have years where it's warm way into Nov. and years where the first snow is the first week in Oct... It's a gamble...You could try a different type of brassica then you are using now  I panted Chinese cabbage one year...The went wild for it...I just popped up here and there in the plot...once the frost hits  they devour my swisschard in the garden... if you have a really good ph...regular beets even carrots. They hammer my carrots in the garden after it gets cold.. It's why I plant for them and then leave the garden gate open....