Weird sounds...

22Plinker

Describe the strangest sound you have heard a deer make?  I was doing a little scouting while placing new cams and I saw a nice 6 point bound across a small field coming to a stop along the tree line. It kicked around the dirt for a few minutes and finally payed down. I glasses him at 61 yards. He began making this hacking sound like my fathers dry cough. This went on for about 10 minutes before he must have caught wind of me and took off. 

Bringing up his cud to chew....

strangest was a good sized buck came trotting up the woods towards me. Making a loud clicking sound...it sounded just like one of those new years eve party sound makers. The ones you twirl around and it makes a loud clicking. He passed me on my back trail and payed no attention to me,as he continued up the hill constantly making that sound.

I was sitting along side a very thick overgrown area. And heard sticks breaking, something running, don't know how they could in there, but they were. And what sounded exactly like a large dog growling. This went on and on, until finally I could just make out a doe being followed by a buck. It was the buck making the growling noise. I thought for sure it was a bear or something, before seeing the deer! Just picture the cujo movie or a big rottweiler just growling and snarling, low pitched and rumbling, and that is exactly what it sounded like. I've never, before, or since,  heard a deer make that noise. Weird. 

• Like 1