Erie 9/16

stoneam2006

It looks like the action was a little steadier on Erie than it was on Ontario yesterday.  We were not able to locate the kings out of Wilson Harbor, but did manage to land one 10 pound steelhead on a green and silver NK spoon, down 40 feet over 90 feet of water, straight out from the port.  The largemouth were still hitting pretty good in the harbor, as well as the bluegills and I brought back another dozen of those to add to the forage base in my pond

steelhead2017.JPG

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

Erie is on fire from Barcelona to the catt

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Three and Four winters ago had some of the best ice cover on the lake in many years.  That resulted in some very successful spawning and those year classes of walleyes are just reaching legal size this year.  The next few years will probably be the best ever for big walleyes in the Eastern basin of Lake Erie.   Now is the time to get them though.  When they get up to the 5 pound plus range, they might take better photos, but are not nearly as tasty (unless you enjoy the flavor of zoo-planton in your white meat).   Baked of grilled bass taste way better to me.   

Three and Four winters ago had some of the best ice cover on the lake in many years.  That resulted in some very successful spawning and those year classes of walleyes are just reaching legal size this year.  The next few years will probably be the best ever for big walleyes in the Eastern basin of Lake Erie.   Now is the time to get them though.  When they get up to the 5 pound plus range, they might take better photos, but are not nearly as tasty (unless you enjoy the flavor of zoo-planton in your white meat).   Baked of grilled bass taste way better to me.   

Lol I actually don't eat them...wife dies but I dont

5 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

Lol I actually don't eat them...wife dies but I dont

Sorry to hear that,  My wife is still kicking but she loves them also (even the big ones).  Whenever I catch one by accident I keep it for her.  I only like the raw cheeks, washed down with a big swig of Genny cream ale.