Proper sling width for Garand..??

My M1 Garand has a green  cotton web sling and I would like to replace it with a leather sling, as most M1s were issued with..

They make both 1" and 1 1/4" wide military slings in the type that the M1 as well as the 1903 and the 1917 were issued with.. Does anyone know WHICH width is proper for the M1..??..

Yeah, my web sling is 1 1/4"...The problem with it is that the hardware on it is too noisy for hunting.. I replaced it with a leather sling, but it is not the original military style... I'd like to buy a military style leather  sling to keep it authentic, for it but they are available in 1" and 1 1/4" and I'd like to get the one that normally issued...

Give a call to Tim at Iron Mike's Military Exchange in Canandaigua ( 585-394-2960 ) ( E MAIL: [email protected] ) . Tim has just about everything and if he doesn't , he can usually get it for you .

If he has a sling or can get one , he might give it a try . Give Tima a call !!!!

http://stores.ironmikesmx.com/-strse-template/about/Page.bok

Not trying to Pimp for him but I have bought several items at Iron Mike's and my oldest son has bought several pair of wool trousers from Tim that he couldn't find elsewhere without paying an arm and a leg .

Thanks for the info, Eddie..I did a little more research and found out that the proper width for the leather sling (actually a model 1907)  is indeed 1 1/4"..

I'll check out  Ironmike to see what he has.. I am also in the market for a used sling for a German  K98K mauser...

I just received the latesr Sportsman's Guide ad in the mail . I know you are looking for a Leather sling fon a M1 Garand but I see where the web slings are selling for $25 . That makes me wonder what a leather sling would sell for ...... wow !

My M1 Garand has a green  cotton web sling and I would like to replace it with a leather sling, as most M1s were issued with..

They make both 1" and 1 1/4" wide military slings in the type that the M1 as well as the 1903 and the 1917 were issued with.. Does anyone know WHICH width is proper for the M1..??..

Fasteddie is correct 1 1/4" X 48" was the OEM issued sling for the M1

FDXX75

• 2 weeks later...