Cattcounty

2 hours ago, zpicc315 said:

Why is no one talking about the 6.5mm creedmoore. It kicks like a .243. It out performs most calibers in its class in penetration and accuracy, and now every ammo manufacturer makes it. Cheap ammunition. Most manufacturers offer this caliber in there traditional short action options. My .02$.

I have zero experience with the Creedmoor but it has been getting a lot of press as of late and all of it positive, many call it the perfect Deer cartridge. The same should actually be said about it's ballistic twin the 260 Remington. As with the 243 Winchester and the 6 mm Remington when you have two cartridges so close in performance there always seems to be one that ends up falling by the wayside and it looks like the 260 Remington is going to be the one doing the falling.

These cartridge discussions I always find to be interesting as to the way they can evolve.:rofl:

Joe Blow asks if a Deer can be killed with a 22?

Joe Slow says too small, have to use at least a 22 Hornet

Joe Glow says too small, have to use at least a 223

Joe Snow says too small, have to use at least a 243

Joe No says too small, have to use at least a 25-06

Joe Ho says too small, have to use at least a 260 Remington

Joe Low says too small, have to use at least a 7mm  Mauser

Joe Moe says too small, have to use at least a 308

Joe Crow says too small, have to use at least a 8mm

Joe Zoe says too small have to use at least a 338

Joe Bo says too small, have to use at least 35 Whelen

Joe Doe says too small, have to use at least a 405 Winchester

Joe Flow says too small, have to use at least a 458 Winchester

Joe Soul says too small, have to use at least  Browning 50 BMG

=========================================================

In the end I believe if the truth were known that the wounding and losing a Deer or any big game regardless of the weapon being used is due to piss poor shooting and lousy bullet placement along with not matching the bullet to the game more than anything else.

Al   :pleasantry:

Edited by airedale
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, zpicc315 said:

Why is no one talking about the 6.5mm creedmoore. It kicks like a .243. It out performs most calibers in its class in penetration and accuracy, and now every ammo manufacturer makes it. Cheap ammunition. Most manufacturers offer this caliber in their traditional short action options. My .02$.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well I got my .243 and sited it in at 100 yards. I actually traded my old bow for. It only had 10 shells fired threw before it became mine. It's a brand new gun