Rifle sling options

zeus1gdsm

I hate carrying my rifle up my climbing sticks.

I also hate hoisting it up with my backpack on a rope.

Has anyone tried a 3 point sling on their hunting rifle so it can hang close against their chest as they climb?

I do a good bit of hang and hunts. Sometimes with only the last few hours of hunting time left. I don't like hoisting my rifle via the rope with my backpack also tied in.

Makes for a heavy haul. And the gun sways potentially banging against the tree or ladder. Possibly jarring the scope.

I tried 2 different haul ropes. One for bag and one for the gun, but it makes for a tangled mess when climbing at times.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

look into Slogan outdoors ultraflex slings.  made in USA and guaranteed no matter what.  doesn't hold any scent, more grip than the claw, and you can on the fly use it in pack mode or as support for off hand shooting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVNKLidVG6Y&list=PLgN7pEva2mk-q48jbprqaFAwh7cn-IWkl

check out this video.  whole thing but don't miss stuff once it's at 1 minute in.

slogan ultraflex is the original .... "ultimate sling" is a knock off that doesn't really cost any less.

Edited by dbHunterNY