Turkey feeders

TACC

Thank you, I have seen those before but am trying to keep it elevated and at least attempt to minimize the amount of food going to squirrels/ chipmunks/ raccoons, etc. I prefer to keep these feeders for birds/ turkeys.

I definitely liked the idea of the rotating corn cob idea.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Proven fact that CWD has and will do nothing to any herd any where. Read the science and facts. Not the here say and agendas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll be honest, I was a sheep on this one. Did some reading... I always find it interesting when FACTS are hard to find ! Lots of opinions and no real fact other than a statewide slaughter to "stop" the spread. Things that make you go hmmm

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

back in the day we used the large electric wire spools and pipe hangers when we would haul them back into the deeps woods of northern Pa.

locations of the feeders for turkeys were key, we always chose areas where there were thick stands of hemlocks close by so that the birds would be able to pitch out to the feeders and then be able to get airborne to fly back to roost. Back then we used to get sizeable snow falls and the issue was if the birds could not get full extension of wing beats it made it difficult or impossible for them to get airborne.

We did not have the coyote or fox populations of today back then and we made sure to keep the feeders full and even shoveled out the area around the feeders, we also started the feeding as soon as deer season ended and continued through spring. deer and turkeys as well as other animals all ate from the feeders and they would move in and mill around when they heard the snow mobiles coming in as we towed tub sleds with cobbed corn back into the feeders. 

The biggest mistake people make is starting with too much too late and not keeping up with it, that and feeding the wrong things, when we went into deer yards in NH for winter mortality studies we at times found where people had brought hay into the deer yards which the deer ate and some even still succumbed to starvation with full stomachs because they could not digest what they had eaten.

Far better choices are to hinge cut, clear cut or heavy trim to generate undergrowth/browse regeneration.