Lets see...

Mzlhunter

the calls in your vest. First off, howdy to everyone. I was born and raised in Tioga county NY but now live in Northeast Pa. I hunt quite a bit in NY, primarily in the Catskills and Chenango County. Anyhow, I found a kid to take on the youth hunt in Pa this Saturday and took a pic as I was packing up my vest tonight.

turkeyvest.jpg

+1 on the good luck!

Been scouting?

I hunt turkeys Spring and Fall so im always scouting. Got a pile of them located in PA and few on a piece I hunt in NY. Last spring I had a bunch located before season but it was the worst season i've ever had for hearing birds gobble in both Pa and Ny.

Let's see...I just loaded my vest..I'll be driving up to Ontario this weekend to hunt the opener April 25th...

I have a Bob Harwell custom box, walnut striker and butternut sides... Sweetest box call I've ever used..

I have a Lynch Foolproof box that I bought in the early 70's for $17 at Henyan's Sporting Goods in Corning.. I never leave home without it, during turkey season..

I have a Cody slate that I use only for clucking and purring..

I have half a dozen mouth calls, mostly Knight & Hale...

I have a Quaker Boy  open reed  crow call that I like cause it's LOUD...

No need for an owl hooter..Those Canadian gobblers never even HEARD a barred owl... ;D ....

I used to owl by natural voice, but as I grew older, my HOOTER wore out... ::P ....

Let's see...I just loaded my vest..I'll be driving up to Ontario this weekend to hunt the opener April 25th...

I have a Bob Harwell custom box, walnut striker and butternut sides... Sweetest box call I've ever used..

I have a Lynch Foolproof box that I bought in the early 70's for $17 at Henyan's Sporting Goods in Corning.. I never leave home without it, during turkey season..

I have a Cody slate that I use only for clucking and purring..

I have half a dozen mouth calls, mostly Knight & Hale...

I have a Quaker Boy  open reed  crow call that I like cause it's LOUD...

No need for an owl hooter..Those Canadian gobblers never even HEARD a barred owl... ;D ....

I used to owl by natural voice, but as I grew older, my HOOTER wore out... ::P ....

Dan-  Sorry to hear about your bum hooter.  Have you talked to your Dr. about "it"?

Good luck,

Larry

P.S. Maybe I should have sent this in private??  Good luck with those Canadian gobblers!

Larry...The dick doc gave me some little blue diamond shaped pills to rejuvenate my "hooter"...

Now I have lead in my pencil again, but I don't have anyone to write to.. :( ...

Lot s of nice clubs just across the Peace Bridge in Ft Erie that could help with those "woes" :-*

Bob Harwell makes a fine box.

Yeah, Bob learned  to make his box calls from the late, great Neil Cost, who was one of the masters...

I bought my box from him about 10 years ago for $75.. He even called me on the phone and let me listen to different boxes made from different wood sources... I have met Bob in person at the NWTF national Convention, and he is a fine gentleman..

He is presently selling his box calls for $125 , which in this day and age is a bargain for a fine quality custom box...

Several of my hunting buddies heard my Harwell box and immediately ordered one for themselves...

Bigtom.... ;D ... ;D ... ;D ....