been a great turkey season thus far!!!!

adkmountainken

allthough i have not killed a bird YET it has been a memorable season for sure. i am hunting with a flitlock smoothbore and 3 times just needed them a little closer as they were over 20 yards all 3 times. a good friend of mine killed a bird on my favorite mountain where i told him to go and that really mkaes me happy for him, his first gobbler in 14 years! i have heard many gobblers every time out and i hunt a hard wood mountain which is beautifull! i will be back out sat, Sun and hopefully monday, good luck to all!

I have had the same experience this year.. trying to get my first bird with the recurve... just haven't been able to coax them in to 20 yards... had 3 gooblers going this morning... not a single bird came my way... but exciting none the less.

May is going by, so fast.  It has been the best year for me, thus far.  Have had more action in the last few days, than I've had all season.  The birds come into the call  but, just can't get them in those last few yards needed for a good shot.  The excitement grows however, with each encounter.  Don't know if I'll ever harvest a bird, someday maybe.  Just being out with the wildlife is a great rush and can't wait for this weekend.