Deer getting them blame...

growalot

So much debate on too many...not enough deer and the # of DMP's and damage permits given out....why no studies on the damage caused by the lack of small game hunting?...We have a farmer that for the first time planted soybeans....I said the deer really shouldn't bother them all that much for its a new thing and our doe population is low...In large part thanks to the huge  number of DMP's handed out for too many years...now they are in Oooopps mode and lowering them ::D Also the beans will regrow...producing just not quite as much...

Then I drove by the other day a few different times and his fields had several very lrg  wood chucks taking rows of beans down to dirt...and as I was driving by my yet unplanted field a mob(6-8) of rabbits scattered every which way crossing in front of the car...which explains the clover plots condition...very thin

My point is...It bugs me that all a deer has to do is browse through an area and leave droppings( browse being the key word)....not much damage....and chucks ...rabbits...voles can go through the same area mowing it to dirt it...and the deer are to blame....

Deer are big and can be seen... as for the sm game.. chucks are the worst!! eat everything! as for soybeans..had to give up growing them as they get mowed down to fast and can't regrow fast enough.. Its not like out inthe mid-west where a field is 20+ acres for a food plot..