finally

I got 12 acres of alfalfa in one field and 3 acres of sugar beets in 2 different plots.  Next is mowing the hay and getting it off the fields. With the weather, it has been next to impossible to get on the ground.  One more 4 acre plot of biologic and clover and I am done.  After that more wood to cut and stack and then time to relax enjoy the camp. 

we have just over 400 acres and there are enough.  My hope is to keep them well fed and happy.  It was funny last evening while I was seeding, 2 does stood in the hay field watching as if to say when is dinner. 

Congrats!...I finally got the rest of the soybeans in and the feed corn I use for cover ...The top soybean sorghum plot has broken ground and is growing good...may be a tad heavy in the sorghum test plot...The seed is so small...easy to over do with the hand spreader...sure birds and deer will remedy that error ;)

I have another plot to finish discing for a tad more feed corn cover and then I will slowly work at keeping the fall plots weed free...spray down and a once a week discing...then turnips in some and winter wheat nurse crop for clover in others.....

• 4 weeks later...

I was over t here tonight.  They are growin good, but the camera was home. I did have 2 deer in the hay field eating around the round bales and one nice doe in the small plot of beets. She didnt stay long, so I think she was just passing through.  Next trip I will bring the camera.