PA Antlerless licenses

Pygmy

She showed today.

The envelope is filled out (section 1 &2)  stamps are affixed and the yellow application is signed dated etc.  I always tape the envelope along with a lick job. (They got chit glue ::P )

Hopefully the girls in Wellsboro remember me :(

I try to make sure every" T" is crossed and every "I" is dotted, because if it is NOT, they send it right back..I've had it happen several times..A couple of times, before I could reapply, the tags were all gone.

Mine's away in the mail..Hope I didn't screw up something THIS time.. ;) ...

I try to make sure every" T" is crossed and every "I" is dotted, because if it is NOT, they send it right back..I've had it happen several times..A couple of times, before I could reapply, the tags were all gone.

Mine's away in the mail..Hope I didn't screw up something THIS time.. ;) ...

Pygmy, does the application for a doe permit in Pa work like in NY. First you must have a Pa. hunting license to apply for a doe permit? If so how much is a Pa non-resident hunting license and how much to apply for a doe permit. I am less than 10 miles from Pa may be worth my while to get a PA license.

Dave

Dave.... Yes, first you need a PA NR hunting license, $101.70.  Included in that is your big game license, small game license, buck deer tag and spring and fall turkey tags.  When you get your license you will recieve an antlerless permit application. It costs $26.70 to apply for it.

Here's the rub. PA starts accepting resident ant.permits two weeks before they accept NR. In some units, all the antlerless permits are issued before NR are even able to apply.  In other units, a nonresident has a good chance to get an antlerless permit, but still you should not waste time applying or they might be sold out.  IF after a week of accepting NR applications there are any permits left, they are sold, first come first serve to residents and nonresidents alike. In the unit where I hunt they issue enough permits so that even as a NR I have a good chance of being issued 2 antlerless permits.  Bonus tags, as the 2nd permits are called, also cost $26.70 each.  However, if you apply and are not drawn your application fee is refunded, unlike some states that keep your money if you apply whether you draw or not.

Pa game commission has a website where you can check availability of antlerless permits on a daily basis.  I don't have the website addy right here at hand, but if you search PA Antlerless permit Status, you'll have no problem finding it.  Hope this helps.

Dave.... Yes, first you need a PA NR hunting license, $101.70.  Included in that is your big game license, small game license, buck deer tag and spring and fall turkey tags.  When you get your license you will recieve an antlerless permit application. It costs $26.50 to apply for it.

Here's the rub. PA starts accepting resident ant.permits two weeks before they accept NR. In some units, all the antlerless permits are issued before NR are even able to apply.  In other units, a nonresident has a good chance to get an antlerless permit, but still you should not waste time applying or they might be sold out.  IF after a week of accepting NR applications there are any permits left, they are sold, first come first serve to residents and nonresidents alike. In the unit where I hunt they issue enough permits so that even as a NR I have a good chance of being issued 2 antlerless permits.  Bonus tags, as the 2nd permits are called, also cost $26.50 each.  However, if you apply and are not drawn your application fee is refunded, unlike some states that keep your money if you apply whether you draw or not.

Pa game commission has a website where you can check availability of antlerless permits on a daily basis.  I don't have the website addy right here at hand, but if you search PA Antlerless permit Status, you'll have no problem finding it.  Hope this helps.

Pygmy, thanks for responding and for all the information it is very helpful. May not hunt Pa. this year but will next year. Now I know how it works. Thanks again .Good luck this hunting season.

Dave

Yes indeed... Mine is in the mailbox on my front porch as we speak, waiting for Mr. Mailman to pick it up tomorrow.

Have not checked today, but as of yesterday there were still over 11,000 permits left in 3A, so we stand a good chance of getting a bonus tag.

I got up especially early this morning to get all the t's crossed,  i's  dotted and line up all my ducks!

Another check for $26.70 is signed by the CEO of the hunting division of my household and ready to go. ;D

Dan- Do you apply for the elk tag??  Do you know anyone that ever drew a tag, bull or cow?

I know one guy who's father drew 4-5 years ago and corked a nice cow.  What a hoot that would be to hunt PA for an elk!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...