Marlin Bolt Action Centerfire

Pygmy

My local legion Post is raffleing off a Marlin bolt action 30-06.

I'm not sure of the model ,but I believe it is an XL-7 or something similar.

It's hanging over the bar, so I have not had  opportunity to handle it, but it is a fine looking rifle. It has a very attractive classic style walnut stock, blued metal and a recoil pad that is thick enough to do some good. It also has Marlin's version of the Savage accutrigger, which , according to what I have read, works very well.

I'm planning to buy a few tickets for it, although I need another rifle like I need another hole in my head.

Has anyone had any experience with these rifles ?  In the past Marlin has made very acurate rifles, but the triggers sucked. Now with the accutrigger feature, this rifle may be a very viable alternative to a Rem 700, Win 70, or Ruger 77....

I have heard great things about it.  They say it has real good accuracy, and how can you beat the price, which is lower than any rifle out there.  The Savages aren't as cheap as they used to be, so this looks like a great deal for a fine rifle.  I would get it in a heartbeat if I needed another rifle, which I don't.