7 1/2 Year old wild buck still alive.

mtman

Me and my nephew have been lucky enough to find this deers sheds each year. He dropped them every year within a 200 yard area. First picture top row is his 2007 sheds,The bases are 6"so we figured him at 3 1/2 years old at least. Middle ones 2008 sheds. Bottom ones 2009 sheds. We walked probably 300 miles this year but couldnt find his 2010 sheds but I did find his left side from 2007 buried in mud all but 2 tines showed on a creek bank. We did get him on trail cam Jan 13th and he had already shed them. We know it was him by the giant body size and he has  a scar on his right shoulder,"seen in previous trail cam pics". He winters same place each year. The second pic is early July 2011. Hope he makes another season so we get his next set.The area is hard hunted and all our trail camera pics are at night.

post-2624-131455469993_thumb.jpg

Thats a neat experience, when you kinda have a 'relationship' with one deer.  I understand its weird but sometimes you don't want anyone to get that deer and you kinda route for him and hope to see him again next yr.  Congrats on the blessing from the Lord.

Lets see some more of those trail cam pics please.

Had buck around for 8 1/2 years and got him in 2000. had sheds from him going back to spring of 94' figured him to be 7 1/2 or 8 1/2 when i got him he was on the decline horn wise.. had a friend at a friend at a lab cut a tooth for aging and he said it was 8 1/2. Amazing how a wild deer can hide so well for years in high pressure areas.