Farm life

reeltime

I was dropping them on the ground too... hated the field clearing part of the job and I a sure this is why my back will never be the same.  Actually have to handle each bale twice.  The horses didn't mind at all though..
Yup way too hilly to pull wagons. My bungee cord works well when it comes to picking them up in the field. Generally 3 or 4 times a bale. On the trailer,off the trailer into the mow, and mowed away and or a second toss up to the higher level in the barn and then mowed away.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Is that an old Hayliner?  Takes me back.  Blisters on the hands, sunburn on the back of the neck, arms covered in little hay-needle marks.  Spend an hour in the creek down in the valley by falls getting the sting of the burn out in 50 degree water.  Certain amount of Darwinism involved in haying with a 70+ year old man from age 12 to 30 every summer.  RIP Grumps, hope you're navigating your Flying Tiger over the Himalayas somewhere in the afterlife.
Yes sir a hayliner 268. I went all through it a few years back and it just eats hay and drops bales like clockwork. Doesn't matter how rough it is every bale is the same length.
Finally got the rest of the field mowed.
I wear gloves and welders sleeves and what a difference especially if there's poison ivy around.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

• Like 1