CVA accura

samcolt87

Hello,

I was thinking about purchasing a CVA accura for this hunting season. Since I will be mostly hunting in 3M this season (got a DMP for 3M), and the most accessible pubilc land is shotgun/muzzleloader only, it makes sense to get a quality muzzleloader, as it will become my primary weapon.

I already have an investarm hawken hunter carbine in .50 cal, and I do like the appeal of hunting with a more traditional sidlelock and irons, (I also cast my own conicals for this gun) however I need precision. I am very new to hunting, and haven't even taken a deer yet, only small game. If, and when I head out to the woods this year, I owe that deer a quick and painless dispatch, dead right there. Perhaps when I become more skilled at hunting, I will use the hawken.

So any of you guys have the accura? Is the accuracy as they claim it to be? How does it stack up against, say, the Buckhorn? Does it shoot conicals well also? 

Thanks!

I can't speak for the Accura, but I have a 2 year old CVA Optima, and I love it, its very accurate, even more accurate after I scoped it.  I also know 2 others who both have CVA Wolf's and they both love each gun as well.  I know if you get a brand new one, you'll most likely get one with the new speedy breech.  Makes cleaning them a bit easier.  Plus you can't beat the prices, as compared to a T/C or other higher end brand of Muzz.  If you like the gun and it suits you, go for it.

I can't speak for everyone out there, but I'd buy CVA again. 

Here is what others have said about it on Cabela's website

http://reviews.cabelas.com/8815/216606/cva-accura-209-rifle-stainless-black-reviews/reviews.htm

I Have a V1 Accura and a Knight Disc Elite and the Accura is a sweet rifle well worth the money and shoots great.Dont believe any bs about barrels blowing up or such that happened years ago and situation was rectified. Barrels are by Bergara and they are quality. If you dont care about the quick release breach plug get a V1 Accura instead of the newer V2 and save some bucks guns are the same except for the QRBP.