Campfire Smoke?

crappyice

My buddy and I are camping out near the area we will hunt on Friday night prior to the bow opener. Can't camp without a campfire, so we are wondering how campfire smoke will affect our sit the next morning. We will be keeping our hunting clothes sealed in the car, but WE will still stink of smoke.

I have a feeling I know what you will say..."If the wind is right, its not a problem" but we are hoping the wood smoke is less imposing to the woods than say laundry detergent....Any thoughts

I have heard of some people using wood smoke as a kind of cover scent. That's not something that I necessaily subscribe to, but it is something that I have heard of people doing. I know that the smell is quite strong and lasts for a long time,but I really can't say with any certainty just how deer react to smelling that in the woods.

depends on the area if it is a highly populated camping spot with people having fiores every night then the deer wont mind it, in some cases it sooths them to smell a smelll they always smell...hahah alliteration...but anyway, if no one usualy has fires there than the deer will take alarm to it