wounded deer

Matt Sasso

I would like to recommend this book to everyone " tracking dogs for wounded deer"

whether you have a dog or not, the insight the author provides on how wounded deer react is invaluable knowledge for anyone in a tracking situation. I orginally purchased this book as a training aid for my Beagle but I find myself reading some of the chapters over because of the authors accounts of different wounds and what the deer did or did not do. Imagine the amount of information you get when you follow every step a wounded deer takes.

anyway, I have found it to be very valuable and its a good read

http://www.born-to-track.com/book/order-info.htm

That is True. It is also fairly simple to take the test in August and do a field test. I haven't gotten around to it yet but I intend to next year. That is why I initially bought the book. I believe they have one or two licensed people on Long Island now.

I am actually suggesting this book to folks who have no intention of tracking with a dog. The wealth of experiences that the author shares about different wounds habits and times to day is amazing.