Anyword on Deer Movement in Chenango 7m

paddymac29

I have hunted 7m since opening day both mornings and evening and an all day sit. To my suprise the best and most deer encounters have been in the worst weather this year which was saturday and sunday, monday nothing at all, tuesday nothing, wednesday nothing. Be back to camp on friday. So far another tough year for me like last year. The sign is everywhere it should be. Apples are getting hit hard, today scrapes started popping up. Its still warm in my opinion as well. Most movement as far as I can tell is at night when Im fast asleep. But you cant harvest a deer sitting at home so the more your out the better your odds. Hope activity picks up this weekend.

hunted 7P from sat morning until yesterday. Saw a lot of does a button buck and 4 pointer. Had the 4 making a scrape about 40 yards out and found a few other small scrapes. Didnt see any big buck sign yet but this area usually holds a few real nice deer every year. Going back up second week of november for a few days and the rut should be going real good by then. All the deer i did sas were either going to or from apple trees.

John

Just got back from a week up in 7m, The deer are moving oddly around midday mostly. it seems that the apples did very good this year, every were you go there are mass number of apples that are getting hit pretty hard by the deer. Saw mostly Does and a few Little bucks but, seems the chase has not started yet. Mid week scrapes started to show up on the edges of the thick cover. The snow that we had got during the week didn't seem to change the movement. The trail cams had alot of movement during the night hours. The upcoming weeks i think will be Pretty Good.

I agree I have been hunting hard in 7m this weekend I seen a total of 12 deer, 4 were bucks one real nice 8 and 3 out of 4 I seen does were around them and the bucks paid little attention to the does. Mid last week the scrapes got real active. Only one evening so far I have seen deer and that was a 4 point and a doe cam in afterwords. Still all my sightings are between noon and 3. Nothing in the morning unless you count jumping a couple does on the way in but I dont count that. 12 deer in one weekend at my camp is pretty darn good however for these past few years. Gone are the days of watching a dozen does single file walk by your stand.