Perch ribbons?

E J

When the kids and I took a walk around my pond today I found what I think are perch ribbons (eggs) but I'm not sure as I've never seen them before and the perch were stocked last spring. Does anyone know if that's what these are?

20200405_154248.jpg

While I was out at the pond with my son this afternoon I just had to have a closer look at the ribbons. I pulled some up to just out of the water and saw tons of little wigglers inside! I'm pretty excited about it, hopefully a bunch will make it. Last spring it was stocked with lots of fatheads, 50 perch and 50 crappie. Hopefully some of the crappie will spawn too. We've tried dropping some worms in the pond the last two weekends but haven't had any takers yet.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, E J said:

While I was out at the pond with my son this afternoon I just had to have a closer look at the ribbons. I pulled some up to just out of the water and saw tons of little wigglers inside! I'm pretty excited about it, hopefully a bunch will make it. Last spring it was stocked with lots of fatheads, 50 perch and 50 crappie. Hopefully some of the crappie will spawn too. We've tried dropping some worms in the pond the last two weekends but haven't had any takers yet.

I've had best luck with minnow as bait in spring, you will need to add fathead every year as they are slow swimmers and get devoured, I actually made another pond just for minnows and crayfish to use as bait in my big pond..