Trail Camera's

Spypoint IR-6, we use 5 of them and they are great small cams for around $160 and batterys last forever in them. A friend of mine uses the Wildgame ir-4s with decent luck but has to send at least 1 or 2 back a year because of problems, they take decent pics but dont last and i think battery life is only moderate with them also.

I started out with a wildgame ir5d it took decent pics. I put it out for a week after christmas in my back yard and got about 15 pics. I put it out for about 3 weeks in september and it died. I tried fresh batteries it will not turn on. I bought a bushnell trophy cam in september and have had it out since and was getting 5x the pics than the wildgame. the picture quality on the trophy cam is great. The night pics are a little dark but the first thing i do when i pull the sd card is "enhance" the pictures with photo editing software. one click of the mouse and i can get clear views of things I couldn't tell were there before. I am now experimenting with the video mode. I am going to pulled the card tomorrow with the first set of videos.

Spend the money on a good one.Trust me.Nothing worse than black pictures or no pictures and fresh tracks in front of the camera.Especially this time of yr when you want to know for sure whats in your area.I hear good things about the bushnell cams.Or of course cuddeback.

Get a lock box for it and lock it to a tree with a cable or chain.Then you wont worry about spending a little extra for a good one.