Backyard plot

Had some extra seed in the basement, And the land owner couldn't tend this corner after the farmer planted it without driving through my yard.. told me to do what i wanted with it and keep the weeds down and not look messy... So i let the boy go out and rip around so we can spread some seeds and watch deer from the back deck.. Its amazing what this black muck soil can do.. It is was bone dry, so dry that it actually killed the entire farmers field of corn.. which has now begun to regrow since we had a couple rains.. but it was dead brown.. Must be the color of the soil drew more heat than other fields, since none others were affected like this..  This black muck soil even though super dry still sucked in the quad to the point where he got stuck several times! super dry dirt and the machine bottomed out on the frame.. it was weird lol.

Anywho.. We spread a bag of white and red milo down as well as Ladino clover , Med. red clover, Balansa Clover and Chicory. There is a ton of weed seed in this soil more than i've ever seen anywhere else.. we got rain a few hours later and a few times since planting.. Just hope the seeds can take off.. Either way its still better than letting the seed sit.. Teaching him how to plant so he can start doing plots for me.. My special needs son keeps me busy 24 7 basically.. lol   Hopefully we can watch some deer, and id imagine he will want a ground blind here as well, maybe my wife will too.. time will tell

20200622_113957.jpg

received_607701653181973.jpeg

• Like 5