Can anyone recommend a decent battery operated SD Card viewer?

Deerthug

I've been looking for a battery powered SD card viewer so that when I pull my SD cards from my Bushnell trophy cam on my walk out to my stand I can view the pictures while sitting in my stand. I hate walking out to the cameras, pulling the cards and then walking back to the house to use my laptop. I don't want to jump any game. I was thinking of a digital picture frame but the battery powered ones I've seen are over $100. Any suggestions?

This is what I use.. http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/SVP-HDDV2200-5MP-2-inch-LCD-Black-Digital-Camcorder-with-2GB-SDHC-Memory-Card/5170240/product.html not the best way to go,but I can also use it for pics/videos in the woods bla,bla bla.I switch out the SD cards and it seems to work the best for me. You can take the card from your trail cam,place it in the camera,see whats there and put it back or replace it JMO

You just gave me great idea. I have a similar Toshiba digital camcorder that uses SD cards. I may just have to give it a try this weekend. I think you just saved me $100. :thankyou:

This is the one I have. Me thinks it's gonna work just fine!

http://us.toshiba.com/video-electronics/camcorders/camileo-s20

Edited by Deerthug

I use a digital picture frame my wife bought me at Eckerds for like $50. It works great and has a better picture than most card viewers plus it is rechargeable.

CNY which one do you have? All the ones I saw at Rite Aid, CVS all require plug into outlet which does not serve my purposes.

I bought a Photo Share SD viewer a couple years ago for about $30 . It's a handy gadget but has to be charged regularly as the battery drains even when it is off . Shows the pics larger than my camera but is slow to go from pic to pic ..

Eddie, where did you get that Kodak one? It looks good. Nice screen. My eyes aren't what they used to be looking at small screens.

Nevermind, found it on Amazon. Thanks for the suggestion . . .

Edited by Deerthug

Picked up this Pandigital Novel Touchscreen E-reader/Tablet at Kohls. It's an android based OS. The only reason I got it was because it was the only one at that price that came with a standard SD card reader and the digitial picture frames did not come with batteries. The other tablets are twice the price and they take only microSD cards. It is not by any means anything like an IPad but you can read, watch movies, listen to music, and most importantly look at pictures. You can also browse online as long as you are in a Wifi hotspot but the browser is slow. I plan on bringing this with me to my stand to look at photos off my Bushnell Trophycam while I'm hunting. It was $130 at Kohl's. But I had 30% off coupon and $30 Kohl's cash so I got it for $70. I was going to return it because it was slow in responding but I figured it was good enough for my purposes so I decided to keep it.

Just realized it also comes with a stylus pen which works better than my finger.

10748ece.jpg

Edited by Deerthug