Windmills - effect on game??

HUNT6246

I'm interested in purchasing some property for hunting. One parcel under consideration has the large commercial windmills nearby, but not on the property. I've heard stories that windmills may adversely effect game (deer, turkeys and so one) nearby due to noise, blade reflections etc. etc. And, in fact drive them from the area. For anyone who has hunted near these windmills which are located all over the state, what are your observations?

Thank you

The second set of windmills in the state were put up spitting distance from where i grew up while i was in high school. I cant really tell you about game reactions other than turkey because that is all i really hunted at the time. They spooked at first but got accustomed to it. I have shot birds while sitting in the shadow of one.

I know the fields directly below those same turbines get heavy deer pressure so much so i would about kill to be able to hunt deer there but due to landowner changes i have lost those spots. :(

I absolutely hate the reckless viewscape pollution created by the proliferation of these multi story high whirly-gigs. But Of all the good arguments against these monstrosities, wildlife disruption is probably not one of the more legitimate ones. I would seriously doubt that all wildlife abandons property, food, shelter, etc. with the installation of these things. :derisive: