Finally Got a Shooter

downwindoutdoors

It's that time again, happens every year at this spot, I don't have one shooter on camera ALL year then the rut kicks in and they appear out of the wood work. I love the screwed up rack buck, I almost want him more then the big 8. I don't think I would shoot the 8 in the last picture, just a little too pencily, maybe he will make it to next year.

PICT0418.jpg

PICT0029.jpg

PICT0767.jpg

You guys gonna put out a new yote video soon or what? :D

Like coyote hunting, we love our deer hunting, so no coyote hunting till the end of deer season. There is also the problem of all the hunters walking the woods and most of our properties are off limits till the end of deer season so we just hang up the calls for a couple months. However, we do have one on deck....stay tuned.

• Like 1

You wouldn't believe the spot if I showed you; 80 yards from a road, 100 yards from a house, and I walk down the driveway and cut into the woods for an excruciating 30 yard walk to the stand. For some season deer flock to this 10 acre block of woods like crazy, I am guessing it is all the acorns. I shot a 140" off it last year.

My father and I dont get monsters, but we hunt very similar. 8 acres between houses and we have taken at least 1 buck between the both of us every single for 15+ straight years with 5 years us both getting a buck. Lots of 7,8,9's taken. Nothing Giant though.

Great pictures! My guess is the first buck is a 3.5yr old the second is definatley a 2.5yr old and the third is at least 3.5 but prob 4.5. Look at how his belly hangs and he is much more defined and muscular than the first buck hes definatley a mature buck!

Good luck I hope you have an opportunity at one of them....