Anyone have the Stealth cam fusion?

mowin

So, I'm not happy with this cam.  I'll most likely be sending it back.  CS was of little help. 

1....Pics are compressed when sent to my phone. They are pixley and blurry.  Have to pull the card to view the proper image. 

2.... The camera location has to be set when you're next to the cam.  I thought if cam was stolen, and someone turned it on, I'd be able to see where it is. Nope... not sure if all cell cams are like that.  

3... It takes 2-5 minutes for a pic to be uploaded and sent to me. Even with the reset speed set to 3 seconds, cam WILL NOT take another picture until the 1st pic is done uploading and sent.  So basically it will only take a pic every 2 minutes at best, missing any and all deer following the first.  

4.... Parts of the app will not load.  I can get into the camera settings, but my account page will not load. CS response was "huh"....

I am going to pull the cam this weekend and have them do a reset sometime next week when I can spend a hr on hold waiting for someone to answer.

4 minutes ago, mowin said:

So, I'm not happy with this cam.  I'll most likely be sending it back.  CS was of little help. 

1....Pics are compressed when sent to my phone. They are pixley and blurry.  Have to pull the card to view the proper image. 

2.... The camera location has to be set when you're next to the cam.  I thought if cam was stolen, and someone turned it on, I'd be able to see where it is. Nope... not sure if all cell cams are like that.  

3... It takes 2-5 minutes for a pic to be uploaded and sent to me. Even with the reset speed set to 3 seconds, cam WILL NOT take another picture until the 1st pic is done uploading and sent.  So basically it will only take a pic every 2 minutes at best, missing any and all deer following the first.  

4.... Parts of the app will not load.  I can get into the camera settings, but my account page will not load. CS response was "huh"....

I am going to pull the cam this weekend and have them do a reset sometime next week when I can spend a hr on hold waiting for someone to answer.

1. All cell cams sent compressed images. Some are better or worse than others. The pixel size that is standard for Stealth in 2020 is too small IMO.

2. The only cell cam with true tracker is Spartan Ghost. All other cell cam are not really capable of being any help with coordinates. I also believe cell camera thefts are much much less common. Antennas scare thiefs.

3. All cell cams sending on instant are that way - the modem is transmitting. You can batch send images at set times, which will allow the cam to recover and take images like a regular cam.

4. Apps are never perfect. You'll just need to get used to that. Even the very best app has problems. Can't speak to the CS piece though.

39 minutes ago, phade said:

1. All cell cams sent compressed images. Some are better or worse than others. The pixel size that is standard for Stealth in 2020 is too small IMO.

2. The only cell cam with true tracker is Spartan Ghost. All other cell cam are not really capable of being any help with coordinates. I also believe cell camera thefts are much much less common. Antennas scare thiefs.

3. All cell cams sending on instant are that way - the modem is transmitting. You can batch send images at set times, which will allow the cam to recover and take images like a regular cam.

4. Apps are never perfect. You'll just need to get used to that. Even the very best app has problems. Can't speak to the CS piece though.

That clears up a few issues.  Appreciate the info.  New to these antenna cams. 

Just changed it to a hourly upload.  Hopefully that will help with getting more pics. 

Edited by mowin

So I've changed the settings to upload pics hourly.   I got 8 picks when I got up at 6:45.  About a hr later, I got a notification that I had 135 new uploads. Pics were before the first 8, and after. App is not working properly and needs to be updated and fixed.  

On 9/6/2020 at 8:30 PM, mowin said:

So I've changed the settings to upload pics hourly.   I got 8 picks when I got up at 6:45.  About a hr later, I got a notification that I had 135 new uploads. Pics were before the first 8, and after. App is not working properly and needs to be updated and fixed.  

Might not be an app problem. Sending 135 pics takes time. You might have hit on the app while it was uploading or the cam could have dropped signal and redialed. 

Could also be an app problem, but also might not be.

11 hours ago, phade said:

Might not be an app problem. Sending 135 pics takes time. You might have hit on the app while it was uploading or the cam could have dropped signal and redialed. 

Could also be an app problem, but also might not be.

Full bars as far as signal.  I haven't gotten a single upload since the 135 this weekend.  I've hunted this area for over 20 years.  I know there's multiple deer passing by that cam every day. Yet I've got nothing.  Going to put a non cell cam above it on the same tree tomorrow.  

Daily test photo on? Last Sync time and date?

One thing good about this cam is that it senses pretty darn well. It's nailing deer every time far enough out that the sent image isn't even useful. I'm picking up deer 100 feet.

Edited by phade

On 9/9/2020 at 10:40 AM, phade said:

Daily test photo on? Last Sync time and date?

One thing good about this cam is that it senses pretty darn well. It's nailing deer every time far enough out that the sent image isn't even useful. I'm picking up deer 100 feet.

Yes, I'm getting my daily test photo. Last sync was today at 2AM.  Haven't had time to grab it.  Gotten a few night time pics that were empty.  I was thinking whatever triggered it was too far to see in the pic. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Stealth Fusion and it pretty much defeats the purpose of why I wanted a cell cam! This is my 1st cell cam, everyone said stay away from spypoint but I have seen some folks get good results from spypoint. The pics on the Stealth Fusion suck big time even at 26mp. I have tried every combo, I have full signal and full battery 24-7(hooked it up to 12v battery solar combo) but the “anti blur” technology is anything but anti blur, I have a big nanny that keeps coming out that looks like a spike half the time b/c when she turns her head there is ghosting effect  and her ears look like spikes in the grainy photos. There is def no way I will be able to keep up with different deer visiting my greenfield. I wish I could get my hands on a Tactacam. Any other ideas for a good Verizon cell cam under $200? Pref under $150? Thanks. Btw, if anyone figures out how to get better pics please let me know. Thank you:)

On 10/5/2020 at 9:17 PM, HuntinLilMama said:

I have the Stealth Fusion and it pretty much defeats the purpose of why I wanted a cell cam! This is my 1st cell cam, everyone said stay away from spypoint but I have seen some folks get good results from spypoint. The pics on the Stealth Fusion suck big time even at 26mp. I have tried every combo, I have full signal and full battery 24-7(hooked it up to 12v battery solar combo) but the “anti blur” technology is anything but anti blur, I have a big nanny that keeps coming out that looks like a spike half the time b/c when she turns her head there is ghosting effect  and her ears look like spikes in the grainy photos. There is def no way I will be able to keep up with different deer visiting my greenfield. I wish I could get my hands on a Tactacam. Any other ideas for a good Verizon cell cam under $200? Pref under $150? Thanks. Btw, if anyone figures out how to get better pics please let me know. Thank you:)

I dislike my fusion also. If the deer is moving at all, they are blurry. 

I just got 2 tactacam from Scheels. Ordered and had them in 3 days.   Pics are so much better, and I get the pic in about 20-30 second after it taken.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I have a stealth cam fusion. I keep having problems with it. Haven't had time to wait over an hour on hold with customer service. I get the camera back working. It works alright for a day or 2 and something else messes up. My property is about an hour each direction and it's ever few days I'm having problems. I haven't got any pictures in a while so I just checked the app tonight. It says it hasn't been synced in 2 days. I haven't got my sync picture. It got maybe 2 week old batteries. Haven't had but maybe 20-30 pictures with those new batteries. Anyone have any help or suggestions? I love this cellular cam concept but I hear bad things about most of them. I can't afford 250+ per camera. If anyone has any help I would great appreciate it.

• 9 months later...

I have a Fusion X and it’s crap, set for instant uploads, only getting part of the 1 test photo. It has uploaded pics 4 times in the past 2 weeks, twice when I was there working and 2 other sets of pics but only at the once a day upload time. Stayed on phone with CS for 55 minutes never got to speak with anyone, sent 3 emails, returned said sender rejected not happy at all 

My suggestions:

New formatted SD card - class 10 U1 or U3 in 16-32GB.

Lithium AAs

Once a day send

Ensure firmware is current

A few things you describe indicate either mediocre cell service, a bad SD, or low power. Kind of hard to pinpoint but this should be a start to get this cam working for you. Even if cam says full bars or full batteries, I’d encourage you to explore them as options. Those measurements are point in time and not reliable IMO.

• 1 month later...

I'm having pretty much the same issues, also it seems like the motion detection is a little off because I'm only getting back half of deer. I walked 12 yards in front of it and it took a picture when my body was almost out of the picture? Any ideas?