new barrel for me

bubba

as an early Christmas/ birthday present to myself, Bubba Santa brought me a 45 caliber bergara barrel for my encore. I have the 50 cal bergara also, and I love the barrels. Inheritantly more accurate than any t/c barrel I have owned. But that is another story. He also brought me a nikon prostaff 2x7x32 scope for it. I had to but the bullets and sabots. 40 cal 180 grain xtp.s and harvester sabots for now. I hope to get out and shoot it this weekend now that deer season is over here in the nz. Oh almost forgot he brought me the bergara 7-08 also.

I looked over there yesterday. I have the 45 a 50 and 54 in modern and sidelock and flinter. I am thinking the 45 will become my go to. Although I am also looking forward to shooting the 54 renegade and hunt with it next fall round balls goex ffg and #11 caps. I have been shootign encores for many years and contenders before that. I find most of the "fixes" are gimmicks more than help. So I stick with the original stuff. That being said, I have never had a t/c barrel that was as accurate as a bergara barrel. All my t/c barrels shoot well but ut seems to take more work to get them to do so. And even after that, they are not as accurate so far.

Edited by bubba