Fishing the Salmon River

noodle one

The fish of a thousand casts. I prefer fishing the Salmon River for Steelhead rather than dealing with the crowds. January is a pretty good month I am told. I have not fished there in winter per se. Mainly because of weather and snow. Fly fishing: Estaz patterns, Comets, Wool buggers work well. I have also had good luck with Mickey Finn's, when nothing else was working.

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone do any steelhead fishing. I am thinking about making a trip up in a couple of weeks. I would like to see the water flow come down some, between 800 and 1200.

GONNA DO SOME..... " LOCAL"..... FLOAT'IN .... HUH BUDDY...............ARE THE FISH RUNN'IN OVER THERE NOW.........i WILL....... MAKE THAT RIDE................I DIDN'T GET TO GO DOWN TO L.I. FOR LATE SHOTGUN........SOOOO.....JUST SOON PULL IN A MONSTER...........C/B......

DID MANAGE TO BAG A LAKER AT THE END OF THE YEAR THOUGH...........

post-1946-0-12052700-1328318522_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Great fishery and action with steelhead will continue from now until early May in most cases. Use light floro leaders and small presentation when cold and as the water warms and the drop back start feed them MEAT!!

PM if you need ant help with set up or tackle recommendations.....

Dan