SaintLawrence county

NYHUNTER92

Is there a particular part of the county? it is actually a very big county with diverse terrain and deer populations. I own in and hunt in 6c which at least in my part is pretty well populated. Other parts deer seem very scarce. So again if you tell me what you are looking for hunting wise, I can give you a better idea of what is available.

I agree that the river valley ag land may have more deer. My camp is not far from russell in the hermon area. I have a good popuilation of deer and bear. You can not hunt bear in the waddington area if that is part of the plan. I seem to be one of the lucky ones as most in my area are not seeing as many deer. The russell area has plenty of ag land also. I guess the bottom line is what you plan to hunt as well as how you want to hunt.

There is some great hunting up around coles creek area.The deer are thick in places and sparce in others. If you want to travel a bit there is some awesome hunting up on fish creek wildlife area. Its big country with swamps and some huge bucks taken out of there. I am from Ogdensburg and all those areas are my old stomping grounds!!! To top it off there is world class fishing,Ducks and geese to dream about and lots of state land that has great hunting.

Fish creek is actually pretty barren now for deer. I hunted those swamps for years before I got private land. I have taken some very nice deer out of there over the years. However, there has been a lot of lets say religious straw hat wearers surrounding the area, and the deer population had dwindled tremendously.

Edited by bubba

iI am not saying no deer in there. I hunted more off 184 back in the walk in access and canoed the creek behind the swamp. There are not the numbers there there were 5 years ago. You stil hear of an occasional good one, but not like the days past. I live in Heuvelton, and we are over run by hats it seems. Tough to get anyone to blow them in. And when you do, they want the jp to feel sorry for them. yeah right. not this one.