Food plot design

Most of you have probably seen the pics of our food plot. One feature I’m very happy with is giving what I call the plot structure. I had them leave multiple hemlock trees and a few other. It helped make the plot look like it’s been there a long time and it wasn’t just completely open but also this yr I have a buck this yr that loves bedding next to one particular hemlock tree on many occasions. All of the bedding pics are at night but I’m loving the fact he’s in it so much!! Without that structure he wouldn’t be. So if anyone is thinking about adding a plot you might wanna incorporate this idea!

8A15D4B9-3B31-41ED-8F09-EE10BD1739A4.jpeg

904657BF-835C-4AA1-9439-81B132A0E84B.jpeg

23D60C06-E6D1-408F-AA0E-C212B3395506.jpeg

• Like 1

IT looks like the side cover at the base of the tree helps as well. If the plot is big and open enough I like to incorporate structure in mine as well. Though most of mine require as much sunlight as possible due to all being under an acre and on hillsides mostly. Good stuff. Regardless of when, having bucks bed on your property is always good. 

• Like 1