Found my arrow

Nomad

About 20 years later. Leaf blowing my trails ,there she lay, minus the three five inch feathers . Based upon the location ,and arrow , I recall this shot . A buck came out, I pulled the Golden Eagle back ,ready to send a two blade Mangus through the lungs, when whack ! The arrow is bouncing around his antlers , wtf ,I’m at a loss, then I see a small vine swinging a little . It’s the old “ I hit a vine / sapling “ excuse .

I don’t know if the arrow bend is from the hit, or stepping on it as it’s on a trail , we’ve  walked in and out on 100’s of times since .

I remember that hunt well ,not just hitting the rack , but I was mentoring a kid, who’s since served in the Army, got married and has a family of his own now .

Loved those Mangus two blades ,absolute bone cutting pass through killers , the only head , where I’ve had deer stand there after a pass through and look around ,till they tipped over . And yes that’s a hand painted arrow and crest .

AA099DE1-E085-4DA3-ACF5-747D2E9924F2.jpeg

0DE954FB-B027-4C4A-9EA1-A0938B63D8A8.jpeg

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 13