Finally got out last night

Last night one of my buddies came out and we headed out to find some critters. The weather was perfect, partly cloudy, not too cold with little to no wind. Our first set, we sat down next to a hedgerow where I know there's a fox den about 200 yards away. Within 5 minutes of calling, we started hearing something moving through the snow and it sounded like it was just on the other side of the hedgerow. We never saw it and de died to head to the next spot after @ 45 mins. On our way out, we saw a single line of fox tracks, 20 yards behind us, and they were on top of our tracks from when we walked in. Oh well, next set...

Second set of the night was at a farm that I've seen a ton of yore sign at all through deer season, and we found a coyote skull during a push. We set up on top of a hill in between 2 rows of round bales and started calling. Within 10 mins, we had a huge owl swoop only a couple of feet over our heads, which scared the crap out of us but then had us laughing. That damn owl dive bombed us 5 separate times on that set. We also had a fox come in, and I had my crosshairs on him for a split second before he took off. We didn't see him again, but on the walk out, we saw his tracks, just out of our view, but only 30ish yard from our spot. On to the next set...

The next 2 sets were uneventful with the exception of hearing some Yates howling across the valley. The last set was going to be near my bait pile, and I wasn't very optimistic because the last 2 times I checked my cam there, all I had was crows, hawks and deer. We called and saw nothing, but I said we should go check the pile to see if there was any activity down there. We got within 50 yards and there were tracks everywhere. The bait had been hit, and te area was full of tracks, both old and fresh. I am going to go down and pull the card today to see what's been down there.

All in all, it was a fun night even though we didn't put any fur down. I don't think I'll ever forget that owl, he was bound and determined to snatch up that Foxpro lol.