DIY PVC Duck/Goose Blind

Found some plans online and put it together this afternoon.......forgot one 90 degree elbow but I can grab one tomorrow......lol. Going to spray it black and then wrap in fabric/ blind material to conceal us. Once we get it to the field we'll add some corn stalks to hide us better.

With nothing to do because of covid I asked my boys if they wanted to try goose hunting so I called a buddy with experience and we are gonna give it a go Sunday.

I will update as the build progresses.

On the cheap i figure this will do ok concealing us and be other option for coyote or deer hunting.a28a272d427a4c5a485416082ed719d6.jpge3ca5799772faf10e7dbbd2ea460f23d.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Blind is deployed and somewhat ready for the morning....took this pic before completely brushing in with stalks. Talked with my buddy.....we may actually move it in the morning closer to the standing corn in the next field over. 3a09a445169193d5ca6a0429a565dc1d.jpg

• Like 4

No fliers.....was a real quiet morning.
We stuck it out until 11 and then called it. Good to get the feet wet......think my boys were excited and we will go next weekend as well. Gonna invest in some gear in the off-season and keep trying d5e685d49422ca3a729dd08de271905f.jpg

Any tips to late season??......I assume birds are on water at night so if there is open water nearby we may be in luck......I am sitting on plenty of cut corn so the food source is there.

Find them in a field in the evening and be there in the AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Semi permanent is the plan.....I threw this together early in the week with plans I found online. I was looking for something I could fit in with my young sons and was relatively cheap if we hated the experience.

I didn't glue it together yet so right now it can be broken down real easy for transport. We took it to the lease yesterday and within 25 minutes had it in place, straked down, and zip tied the fabric in place. I do eventually plan on gluing and leaving it at my lease. Was real easy for one guy to move and provided great cover. I have it setup for another go next weekend and then may hunt some from and yotes from it as well.

Only thing I may do a little different from the plans is add a center support from the roof down to the front crossbar to add some stability and maybe add some luan paneling for sides.

It was just covered in camo fabric and cornstalks today and we stayed toasty with the buddy heater on medium and we had a little bit of everything throw at us for precipitation.

• Like 1